1 feel restless 感到不安
I felt restless since the test result would come out at 7p.m. or so. 因为晚上7点左右就会出考试成绩了,我感到不安。
2 feel increasingly nervous 越来越感到紧张
When the result was about to be sent by a text message, I glanced at the screen from time to time. And as the minutes dragged by, I felt increasingly nervous. 考试结果的短信快发过来的时候,我时不时瞄一眼手机屏幕,时间一分一秒过得很慢,我越来越紧张。
3 pop up 弹出来
When my watch said 7 o'clock, a message popped up, so I took up my phone breathlessly/ˈbreθləsli/ . 到7点的时候,一条信息弹出来了,我屏住呼吸,拿起手机。
4 shut my eyes tight 眼睛闭得紧紧的
one's nerves were already stretched to the breaking point with anxiety 紧张到神经都要绷断了
But my nerves were already stretched to the breaking point with anxiety about the final score, and was not brave enough to look at the result, so I shut my eyes tight. 但是我紧张到神经都要绷断了,怕分数不高。所以不敢看考试结果,眼睛闭得紧紧的。
5 opened my eyes a fraction 眼睛睁开了一条缝
squint at 眯着眼睛看
After a while, I opened my eyes a fraction, and squinted at the text message. 过了一会,我把眼睛睁开一条缝,眯着眼睛看这条短信。
6 gape, openmouthed, at 目瞪口呆地看着
stare unblinkingly at 眼睛一眨不眨地盯着看
What surprised me was that I scored 99, and got the first place in the exam. So, as you've imagined, I gaped, openmouthed, at the message, and stared unblinkingly at it for a few seconds. 让我惊讶的是我考了99分,还是全班头一名。所以,我估计你也想到了,我当时目瞪口呆地看着这条短信,眼睛眨也不眨地盯着看了好几秒。
7 give an excited squeak 激动地尖叫了一声
After I had confirmed the truth by pinching myself, I couldn't help giving an excited squeak. 通过掐自己确认这是真的之后,我忍不住激动地尖叫了一声。